If interested in one of the following positions, fill out an application and email it to one of the following email addresses, mail it to one of our locations, or drop it off at one of our locations. Applications can be found under Careers>Application or at one of our locations.
We appreciate your interest in Cedar County Cooperative!
Custom Applicator Position - Contact Travis Benhart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Current Job Listings:
Location: Tipton/West Branch
Job Type: Full – Time
Operate and maintain custom application equipment. Maintenance of any equipment or facilities that are assigned. Deliver and distribute agronomy or farm products and/or application equipment to farms. Sales and application of products. Perform related work as required.
Regular Position Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. Overtime and weekends are required during the busy seasons.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Operate spraying and spreading equipment properly per application tickets;
- Mix fertilizer and chemicals properly to ensure quality and accuracy;
- Track and report needed inventory items to the manager;
- Deliver products and present a copy of each transaction to the customer and the office;
- Complete and submit application records daily;
- Customer service in the form of greeting customers promptly and courteously, working with customers to resolve problems, and when appropriate suggesting products to customers;
- Attend product, merchandising, and cooperative meetings as requested;
- Maintain application equipment and recommend replacement when necessary;
- Maintain fertilizer plant and warehouse as assigned;
- Maintain a safe working environment and wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required. PPE as required for the job will be provided.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, practices, and equipment;
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with other Coop employees, supervisory personnel, and the public;
- Ability to operate computer program applications appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Understand the importance of providing a high level of customer service;
- Ability to understand and make work decisions following company rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Must be able to apply problem-solving skills to various situations;
- Ability to work cooperatively to accomplish job responsibilities;
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information;
- Ability to notify your manager of any unsafe equipment or working conditions.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
- Graduation from High School or GED preferred;
- Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement preferred;
- Certified applicator license; Minimum 1A, 1B, 1C or, ability to obtain all necessary licenses;
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Heavy lifting requirements – 50 to 100 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License with Class B CDL
- Insurable driving record
- Must pass a background check and drug and alcohol screen.